Digestive enzymes are biological catalysts produced in the body (i.e. in the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas) which break down food into its basic components so that our bodies can absorb the nutrients they require to build and maintain cells, tissues and organs.
- Cyto-Zyme is a high potency, digestive enzyme complex
- Cyto-Zyme provides a broad spectrum of plant-sourced enzymes, which digest protein, fat, fibre, dairy, sugars and carbohydrates
- The plant-sourced enzymes in Cyto-Zyme are bromelain, lipase, protease, amylase, papain, lactase and cellulase
- We have chosen enzymes that are largely resistant to degradation by hydrochloric acid from the stomach, so they may easily reach the small intestine where most digestion takes place
- Equally, these enzymes are active in a wide range of pH to allow for individual variations
- A small amount of hydrochloric acid is included. Hydrochloric acid is produced in the stomach to provide an acidic environment for the digestion of food. People may have low levels of hydrochloric acid for a number of reasons