nutri Advanced Berberine 250
- Provides 250mg of Berberine HCl from Berberis aristata (Indian barberry) per capsule
- Also features 50mg milk thistle (Silymarin) per capsule, which helps to improve the bioavailability of berberine, as it has been found to function as a Pgp (P-glycoprotein) inhibitor.
- The combination of berberine and silymarin has been used in several clinical studies on lipid and glucose markers, with positive results. One study compared berberine + silymarin with berberine alone, with more efficacious results demonstrated in the berberine + silymarin group.
- Clinical studies indicate that berberine may support blood sugar control
- Berberine has also be shown to support the liver
- Berberine has a long traditional use in supporting gut health and microbial balance
- Milk thistle has been shown to improve the bioavailability of berberine
What is Berberine?
Berberine is an alkaloid found in specific herbs such as Indian barberry, Golden Seal, Oregon Grape and Barberry. Berberine has been used for thousands of years and has a deep herbal history. It's best known for it's anti-microbial properties, but more recent research has identified other benefits including the potential to support blood sugar control and liver function.
Who is Berberine 250 suitable for?
Berberine 250 may be recommended by your Practitioner as part of a protocol to support the gut or blood sugar balance.
Berberine may be suitable for those who have imbalanced gut micro-flora as this may have a negative impact on health, nutrient status and the immune system. Please note Berberine is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.