nutri Advanced Nutrigest 90 Tabs
Nutrigest is a potent combination of hydrochloric acid (HCl), broad spectrum digestive enzymes and key amino acids to help support digestion in the stomach and small intestine.
Nutrigest has been reformulated and is now suitable for vegetarians and vegans. The tablet size and shape has changed – it is now an easier-to-take caplet shape. We have swapped out the pancreatic enzymes for enzymes derived from aspergillus. Ox bile and pepsin have been removed, and glycine and taurine added, for supporting the conjugation of bile acids.
- HCl aims to support healthy stomach acid levels
- An acidic environment in the stomach is crucial for the breakdown (denaturing) of proteins
- Adequate levels of HCl are also needed to stimulate the pancreas to secrete digestive enzymes
- This occurs once the partially digested food mixture is released from the stomach into the small intestine
- A low pH (acidic) is also vital for supporting immune function, as potentially harmful microbes cannot live in an acidic environment
- Provides a mixture of enzymes including amylase, protease and lipase that help further break down food in the small intestine
- Papain and bromelain are plant enzymes that both contain protease, which supports the breakdown of protein
- Amylase supports the breakdown of carbohydrates
- Lipase supports the breakdown of fats
- Contains the amino acids glycine and taurine which are biologically conjugated (joined) to bile acids in the liver, aiding lipid metabolism and absorption